Research.gov is the National Science Foundation’s (NSF) grants management system that provides easy access to research-related information and grants management services in one location. Research.gov is the modernization of FastLane, providing the next generation of grants management capabilities for the research community.
Research.gov features innovative services, including:
- New Science, Engineering & Education Innovation – Provides the public, the scientific community, and policy makers with quick, dynamic access to information about NSF investments at the forefront of science, engineering, and education.
- Research Spending & Results – Gives the research community, policy makers, and the general public insight into federally-funded research by providing information about how federal research dollars are being spent, what research is being performed, and how the outcomes are benefiting society. Information is available for NSF and NASA awards with data being updated daily for NSF and monthly for NASA. You can also search specifically for Recovery Act awards made by NSF.
- Policy Library – An electronic library that consolidates federal and agency-specific policies, guidelines, and procedures for use by federal agencies, the research community, and the general public.
- New My Research.gov – Sign up to receive RSS feeds and email alerts for content and award updates by agency, institution, award amount, state, or congressional district. Personalize your Research.gov homepage links for easy access to helpful federal and research community sites.
- Research Headlines – Find the latest news and highlights from research activities from NSF, NASA, and USDA/NIFA.
- Project Outcomes Report for the General Public– Online tool for Principal Investigators (PIs)/Co-PIs to prepare and submit the Project Outcomes Report for the General Public, a brief summary for the public that describes the nature and outcomes of NSF-funded research projects. The public can view Project Outcomes Reports through Research Spending & Results (on the detail page for an award). Account required for report submission.
- The Application Submission Web Services enables Sponsored Projects Office staff (SPOs) and Principal Investigators (PIs) to prepare and submit applications directly to NSF using their institutions' systems. Based on the Grants.gov framework for system-to-system submission, this service seamlessly connects an institution’s system to Research.gov, resulting in fast confirmation of application receipt! This service is being offered in response to the research community’s call for agencies to leverage the considerable investments institutions have already made in these solutions and lays the groundwork for further leveraging these investments for other key functions, such as post-award management (e.g., financial and project reporting).
- Grants Application Status – Sponsored Projects Office staff (SPOs) and Principal Investigators (PIs) can check the status of their applications, from submission to decision, as they are received and reviewed by NSF and USDA/NIFA. Account Required.
- Federal Financial Report – Online tool to complete and submit grant financial reports using the new government-wide standard form. Account Required.
- Institution and User Management – Service to allow Institution Administrators with Research.gov accounts to add users and manage their profiles. Account Required.
Please provide feedback on our services! Your comments and suggestions help ensure Research.gov's services and features meet user needs. To submit feedback, please complete the Feedback Form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the future, Research.gov plans to offer:
- Research Performance Progress Report – Online tool to complete and submit research performance progress reports using the new government-wide research and related dataset.